Looking for a good multi-server newsreader? What is a Newsreader multi-servers ?
This means that you can enter more than one news-server from which to download both headers and files, and that the client will use multiple news-servers at the same time. The number of possible news servers will vary from one application to another, but all programs in this review (Newsleecher - Sabnzbd - Newsbin Pro) can download one or more files in one or more threads, from two or more different news-servers simultaneously.
The practical advantages of this multi-threaded multi-server approach are several: By using multiple threads it is often possible to obtain better overall download speeds than with a single thread. By using multiple news servers the Newsreader can obtain the various parts of files from different servers and combine them. A file which has 8 of 9 parts complete on server "A", may have only 4 of 9 parts complete on server "B", but may have the part that is missing on server "A", this allows you to download a complete file.
The multi-server client is capable of automatically assembling the parts of a file from different servers to create a complete file. The use of multi-server clients, along with a good News Service Provider (NSP) greatly reduces the number of repost requests you would need to make. A good multi-server client also prioritizes servers (in the priorty you assign), so that it can greatly reduce the bytes you need to get from your Slave Server ( aka BackUp server, aka fil server) or your block account.
There are too many news readers (Newsleecher, Sabnzbd, NewsBin Pro, AltBinz, NewsMan pro, Newsrover, Niouzefire, UltraLeecher, News File Grabber, Newsflash Plus) and the field is quite dynamic, with clients being abandoned, and new clients being written quite frequently. Most of the experienced users use Newsleecher for binaries. While Newsleecher is not freeware, there is Sabnzbd (excellent freeware clients) with virtually identical capabilities.
1. Go to the Manager tab.
2. Click “Add Server”
3. Set up your primary Usenet provider in NewsLeecher
4. Set up a second server (backup, fill or slave servers). Check the “Advanced Settings” box - Change the “Priority” to 2. The number under Priority tells NewsLeecher that it should use this news server first for collecting articles (downloading).
6. Hit OK
1. Log into the web interface.
2. Click “Config” – “Servers” – “Add new server”
3. Fill in the server details.
4. Check the “Backup Server” option
5. Click “Add server”. Done!
1. Click “Options” on the top of the window, and select “Servers”
2. Hit “New Server” - Enter a name to identify the server and click OK.
3. Enter the server details
4. If you need a BackUp Server (Slave Server). Check the “Fill Server” option
5 . Done!